- Freelance Web Developer2017 - Present
Completed many freelance projects with clients, including custom WordPress websites, hosting, custom WordPress plugins, converting PSD to HTML/CSS/JS, and more miscellaneous web development work. See my freelance portfolio
- Frontend Web Developer at AllPeopleJun 2019 – Dec 2019
- With another developer, co-created a Shopify site with 7,000+ products
- Built a similar WooCommerce/WordPress version, writing custom PHP functions
- Designed eCommerce emails in HTML/CSS
- Student Front End Developer at Cal Poly SLOJan 2019 – Aug 2019
- Worked alongside the UI/UX developer for Cal Poly’s Administration and Finance Department (AFD)
- Built responsive department pages using Foundation following best practices in accessibility and UI/UX
- WordPress Web Developer & DevOps at Colony MediaMay 2018 – Aug 2019
- Created and maintained WordPress sites using custom themes and plugins
- DevOps for deploying, backing up, and hosting 10+ sites on two VPS’s, worked with phpMyAdmin, Linux, Apache, NGINX
- Web Developer at Canterbury Gardens & GiftsApr 2017 – Sep 2018
- creating advertisements for mailing lists and emails
- used marketing tools like MailChimp and Hubspot
- managing a database of 10,000+ SKUs
- web development on Magento
- Later rebuilt entire website on WordPress/WooCommerce with a custom theme, migrating the Magento database and doing SEO work for the website.
- Platforms: WordPress, WooCommerce, Shopify, Laravel
- Front end: React, Gatsby, jQuery, Bootstrap, Sass, PHP
- Back end: Node.js, Express, Firebase, mySQL, mongoDB
- DevOps and Build Tools: Nginx, Docker, npm, gulp, Yarn, Composer, Git
- Photo/Graphics: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, XD
"We have found Finley to be an absolute delight to work with. He has responded to every challenge we have presented and delivered by far the best results we have experienced in our long history of website programming."
"I have employed several different tech people over the years and Finley is by far the best I’ve worked with! He is extremely knowledgable in so many different areas. He has the ability to explain things simply to me and not make it too technical. He’s a pleasure to work with and I highly recommend him."
I'm also an undergraduate Political Science student at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo. My academic work in political science studies the effects of different social media on an individual's political knowledge and participation.